The $5.1 million Regional Fund was part of the one-off, $25 million Special Fund launched to help restore the fabric of the community and social infrastructure in Canterbury following the devastating Canterbury earthquakes over three years ago.
Made up of $3.25 million for Nelson, $1.74 million for Marlborough/Kaikoura and $100,000 for the Chatham Islands, the Regional Fund was established in recognition of the fact that all of Rātā Foundation’s funding regions have been affected by the earthquakes to some degree.
Major Regional Fund Projects:
- The Nelson School of Music - Nelson
- The Suter Art Gallery - Nelson
- The Brook Waimarama Sanctuary - Nelson
- Marlborough Civic Theatre Trust - Marlborough
- St John Defibrillators - Chatham Islands