Through our funding, we support communities and organisations to be environmentally and socially sustainable.
We recognise the role communities play in enhancing our natural environment and in reducing adverse environmental impacts for future generations. We also aim to strengthen communities by supporting the capacity, capability and sustainability of community organisations.
Our priorities are projects, programmes or services:
- Involving people in actions benefiting our natural environment
- Developing knowledge and skills through Environment Education or sustainability programmes to bring about positive environmental change
- Providing capacity building support to increase effectiveness of community organisations and social enterprises
What we will look at
- What difference will your project, programme or service make?
- Does your organisation have the capability and capacity to deliver the project, programme or service?
- How do you know there is a need for your project or organisation?
- How are the community or people who use your service involved with or support your organisation or project?
- To what extent do you work with other organisations to achieve your aims?
- How do you learn about whether your programme is meeting its intended outcomes?
- How does your project, programme or service meet good practice or is it evidence based? This is particularly important if your organisation is working with vulnerable people including children, young people, elderly people, disabled people, and people with mental health issues.
- Do you have a need for our funding?
- Read about our additional criteria for environmental projects.
How we Fund
Find out which Funding Programme best suits your project.
What we don't fund
There are some things Rātā Foundation does not fund, read our list of exclusions.
Ready to apply?
To discuss your application, please contact one of our Funding Team or phone us on freephone 0508 266 878 or apply now.