Under this programme Rātā Foundation provides grants for building projects which foster community connections, increase community participation, or are of regional significance.
Our priorities are building projects which either:
- Promote collaboration and multi-use spaces and have ongoing wide community use.
- Acknowledge and celebrate our diverse communities, such as the arts, sports or youth sectors.
- Protect and enhance the environment in which we live.
- Recognise the special role that Marae play in supporting community cohesion.
What we will look at
- Does the project have clear support from either local or regional stakeholders?
- Does your organisation have strong governance capability to undertake the project and ensure its ongoing future viability?
- What difference will your project make?
- Does your organisation have controls in place to manage the grant?
- How do you know there is a need for your project?
- How are the community or people who use your service involved with or support your organisation or project?
- To what extent do you work with other organisations to achieve your aims?
- How will you learn about whether your project is meeting its intended outcomes?
- How does your project, programme or service meet good practice or is it evidence based? This is particularly important if your organisation is working with vulnerable people including children, young people, elderly people, disabled people, and people with mental health issues.
The application process:
- Applications where the request is $100,000 or less
Organisations should apply under either the small or large grants programmes.
- Applications where the request is over $100,000
Organisations are required to submit an Expression of Interest by 1 June.
The Expression of Interest should clearly demonstrate how your project aligns to one or more of our Building Projects Funding Priorities as well as our focus areas of Learn, Support, Connect or Participate.
Your proposal needs to clearly outline:
- The funding level requested from Rātā Foundation.
- Indication of support from your local council and other regional entities (as appropriate).
- Confirmation of funds raised for the project.
- Project timeline.
- Project budget.
Expressions of Interest are considered in August and are either declined or invited to a second stage for a more in-depth assessment.
Final funding decisions are made in December.
Find out if you are eligible to apply.
For all enquiries with respect to Building Projects please contact our Funding Team.